Saturday 28 June 2014

My last final post...

I've been trying to build up the excitement for this final round of the Junior League for some time now, and I have to say it couldn't have gone any better.

Results:

6th Evesham 143
5th Oldbury 154
4th Boldmere (B) 155
3rd CampHill 158
2nd Cheadle186
1st ORION 244!!!

With outstanding performance after outstanding performance, we led from start to finish by miles. It just goes to show how much all of the hard work is paying off, and was by far the best I have seen everyone swim! 

The atmosphere and team spirit was electric, especially during the final race. In fact I think my ears are still ringing slightly...

Next stop is the final on the 13th September. This gives everyone 2 months to keep working, and keep improving. Now you have a taste of victory, it should be even easier to motivate yourselves! All going well, next year will see us in a much tougher Division 1, so keep that in the back of your minds... 

Thank you to all the parents for their support - it wouldn't be possible without you! 

Finally, thank you all for the cards and gifts. It mans a great deal to me, and it is starting to hit home how many people will be removed from my life that never fail to put a smile on my face, or who make me love coaching so much.

The very best of luck to everyone for the future, and I hope to see you all around April next year when I plan to visit.

A very emotional, 

Coach Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment