Sunday 12 January 2014

Upcoming...

I have had a few swimmers/parents request to talk to me about their goals so I will be putting a sign up sheet on the notice board at KEBS for you to book a 5 minute slot with me after a training session. 

I have only had 4 or 5 swimmers respond to this, returning their goal sheet to me. I was expecting a lot more to be honest. Parents - if your child is lacking motivation it is up to you to lead by example and encourage them to get the most out of these opportunities! Please help me by supporting and encouraging these additional initiatives to your children - they will be the ones to benefit! 

It has also come to my attention that a lot of swimmers and their parents are completely new to the sport, and I have realised some of my requests have been a little naive to the lack of knowledge and experience some of you may have, through no fault of your own! 

I am therefore going too produce a 'new swimmers and parents guide to competitive swimming'. I'm sure there will be things on the internet but I would like to write this myself, sharing with you my experiences as a competitive swimmer and also that of my parents. Hopefully many of you will be able to benefit from this, clearing up a lot of confusion and letting you know what your in for! I'll do my best to produce this in the next few weeks. 

Remember it is the TIME TRIAL tomorrow evening. This will give everyone a chance to get some more up to date times. We will be running all the 50s, 100s, 200 fc and 200 I.M. any special requests may be catered for depending on time. 

I will shortly be receiving the list of entries for the Counties in March. Hopefully you have all seen by now what is expected, so please ensure this is fulfilled. I have only heard from one or two people about not being able to make it, so I assume that everyone else has entered!

Please also keep your eye out for Teamer notifications with quite a few galas coming up! 

See you tomorrow, 

Coach Rob    

No comments:

Post a Comment